This year is going waaaay faster than expected. Still, so far so good. I did do a couple more substitutions in February, but a couple were huge and had been hanging around for a very long time. Electronics clutter got moved to March in favor of a massive garage cleaning which actually restored enough space to do things in the garage. So, here we go with the February summary:
- Finances – 2011 taxes complete and filed. This will be the earliest ever, but I have kept up with my filing and have all the information on hand, so we’re going for the record (and the early refund). This will, however, finish up the “location for important information” and review 2011 part of January’s original goal. – Completed
- Paperless – Set up auto-pays, paperless billing, equal payment plans and get finances into an electronic format to make life easier next tax season. – Completed
- House – Electronics clutter. In January I moved the “family computer” to the upstairs spare room. Time to redo the wiring, get rid of out of date hardware and electronics, sift through those chargers, cables and whatsits. – Substitution: Garage Cleaning
- Health & Sanity – Certification updates since I’ve been a bit of a slacker. And the traditional professional credentials and resume refresh – while I don’t plan to change jobs, this is something that is easier to keep updated “as you go” than to try and remember after a few years.
- Finances – Passports & wills. Time for the boy to get a “full passport” and our wills are horribly out of date.
- Paperless – Shredding month. Get rid of anything older than the “required record keeping” limit. This should actually eliminate an entire file cabinet, but we’ll see.
- House – Electronics clutter. In January I moved the “family computer” to the upstairs spare room. Time to redo the wiring, get rid of out of date hardware and electronics, sift through those chargers, cables and whatsits. – Carried over since there was a February substitution.
- Health & Sanity – Continuing with certifications. 1 per month until they are all current. This is also the month for my second 5K and I’ve signed up with a training group to push myself a bit more.